Domain experts and hardware engineers use MATLAB® and Simulink® to develop prototype and production applications for deployment on FPGA, ASIC, and SoC devices.
- Use Simulink to model and simulate digital, analog, and software together at a high level of abstraction
- Convert to fixed-point using automated guidance, or generate native floating-point operations for any target device
- Analyze hardware and software architectures by modeling memories, buses, and I/Os
- Generate optimized, readable, and traceable VHDL® or Verilog® for implementation in digital logic
- Generate processor-optimized C/C++ code to target embedded processors
- Verify your algorithm running in an HDL simulator or on an FPGA or SoC device connected to your MATLAB or Simulink test bench
“Simulink helps system architects and hardware designers communicate. It is like a shared language that enables us to exchange knowledge, ideas, and designs. Simulink and HDL Coder enable us to focus on developing our algorithms and refining our design via simulation, not on checking VHDL syntax and coding rules.”Marcel van Bakel, Philips Healthcare