Using SimBiology for Mechanism-Based PK/PD Modeling in Preclinical & Discovery
Drug developers are moving towards mechanism-based drug discovery, using mechanistic or semi-mechanistic models of drug action and efficiency to extend traditional PK modeling techniques. These mechanism-based models are more suitable for prediction and extrapolation than pure empirical approaches. In this webinar, you learn how to use SimBiology and MATLAB to implement mechanism-based PK/PD modeling workflows.
Using a modeling and simulation case-study from literature, we demonstrate:
• Building mechanism-based PK/PD models using an interactive block-diagram editor
• Estimating parameters by fitting experimental data
• Simulating different dosing strategies
• Exploring system dynamics using parameter sweeps & sensitivity analysis
• Automating and customizing analyses using MATLAB
We also highlight new features in SimBiology 2012a including:
• Simulation Viewer – a interactive visualization tool for model exploration
• Weighted fitting
• Simultaneously fitting data from multiple dose levels
Recorded: 26 Mar 2012
You can also select a web site from the following list
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.