Backtesting Trading Strategies in Just 8 Lines of Code
Using the functionalities in MATLAB® and Financial Toolbox™, you can perform a strategy backtesting in just eight lines of code.
• Data preparation
• Trading signal generation
• Calculation of portfolio returns, Sharp ratio, and maximum drawdown
• Equity curve plotting
In fact, there are a lot of things you can do in MATLAB. For example, you can:
• Use Datafeed Toolbox™ to download market data directly from various data providers
• Generate trading signal using Econometrics Toolbox™ or Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox™
• Automatically execute your strategies by using Trading Toolbox™
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.