Industrial Automation and Machinery
MathWorks Consulting Services enables engineers to take full advantage of MATLAB® and Simulink® to analyze, evaluate, model, and simulate industrial automation systems and industrial power. Our Consultants provide assistance in areas such as statistical methods supporting process control, optimization of power and machine sizing, analysis and report automation, and communication protocol development. We work with you to prototype process and control algorithms with the additional benefit of automatically generating C and HDL code for deployment.
Engineers worldwide use MATLAB and Simulink to analyze and design complex systems. MathWorks Consulting Services has broad industry background and mastery of MATLAB and Simulink, and works with you to:
- Model complex intelligent industrial systems including automation, fault diagnostics, avoidance of critical conditions, optimization, and adaptive behavior
- Generate C or HDL code for implementation and deployment
- Develop solutions to enable integration with standard industrial communication protocols including DeviceNET, SCADA, EtherCAT, Ethernet IP, and others
- Utilize statistical methods, user interfaces, and large dataset management techniques to automate data acquisition, analysis, and reporting
- Implement vision control and vision analysis systems
- Develop detailed electrical power system models of the industrial system supporting optimization of electrical power and machine sizing
The goal of every MathWorks Consulting Services project is to strengthen your skills and leave you self-sufficient and in control of your own processes, applications, and design work.
Contact MathWorks Consulting Services to discuss your specific requirements.
Roger Aarenstrup is a senior consultant who works with customers in the automotive, medical, energy production, and industrial automation industries. He helps customers adopt and optimize Model-Based Design methodologies and workflows. With over 15 years’ experience, Roger has worked with modeling and simulation in the aerospace industry, robot control for industrial automation, and has experience in the development of real-time operating systems for telecommunications. He received an M.S. in computer science and engineering from Luleå University of Technology and an M.B.A. in e-business from the University of Gävle.
Related Conference Papers and Technical Materials
- A Construction Robot for Autonomous Plastering of Walls and Ceilings (Technical paper)