This function computes a least-square linear regression suppling several output information.
X - Array of the independent variable
Y - Dependent variable. If Y is a matrix, the i-th Y row is a
repeated measure of i-th X point. The mean value will be used
verbose - Flag to display all information (default=1)
- Slope with standard error an 95% C.I.
- Intercept with standard error an 95% C.I.
- Pearson's Correlation coefficient with 95% C.I. and its
adjusted form (depending on the elements of X and Y arrays)
- Spearman's Correlation coefficient
- Regression Standard Error
- Total Variability
- Variability due to regression
- Residual Variability
- Student's t-Test on Slope (to check if slope=0)
- Student's t-Test on Intercept (to check if intercept=0)
- Modified Levene's test for homoschedasticity of residuals
- Power of the regression
- Deming's regeression
- a plot with:
o Data points
o Least squares regression line
o Red dotted lines: 95% Confidence interval of regression
o Green dotted lines: 95% Confidence interval of new y
evaluation using this regression.
- Residuals plot
SEE also myregrinv, myregrcomp
Created by Giuseppe Cardillo
To cite this file, this would be an appropriate format: Cardillo G. (2007) MyRegression: a simple function on LS linear regression with many informative outputs. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/15473
Giuseppe Cardillo (2022). MyRegression (https://github.com/dnafinder/myregr), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!