Highlights
Follow

Hans Scharler

22 Years of the MATLAB Central community!

Hans Scharler on 13 Sep 2023
Latest activity Reply by Michelle Hirsch on 14 Sep 2023

Here's a screenshot from 22 years ago. Thanks for building one of the best engineering and science communities together.
Stephen23
Stephen23 on 14 Sep 2023
This reply was flagged by lei
I note that Brett Shoelson is still active in the community, e.g. posting new files and maintaining existing files: lombscargle.m was last udpated 3 years ago :)
Michelle Hirsch
Michelle Hirsch on 14 Sep 2023
Perhaps it's worth mentioning how MATLAB Central has been a launching poing for some very successful careers ... I hired Brett as an Application Engineer for MathWorks many moons ago based on his great reputation on the File Exchange and the old CSSM newsgroup. Same with Jiro Doke - I hired him after highlighting one of his submissions as a pick of the week.
Just saying :)
Adam Danz
Adam Danz on 13 Sep 2023
I became involved in the MATLAB Central community about half way between the date of that screenshot and today.
My active participation in the forum during my time in grad school significantly accelerated my learning of MATLAB and sharpened my analytic skills.
I've always been inspired by the contributors in every section of the Community, including the Answers forum, File Exchange, and Cody. They exhibit professionalism, positivity, and an eagerness to assist others. The diverse backgrounds of these contributors bring valuable perspectives to the discussions, resulting in a rewarding learning experience.
I'd also like to recognize the many knowledgeable visitors to the Answers forum who pose intriguing questions and present challenges that have inspired me to expand my knowledge in various areas.
Much gratiitude to the team responsible for creating this incredible platform. Whether it's the Answers forum, file exchange, Cody, or a community contest, they have made it effortless to contribute. They provide helpful tools and consistently introduce new improvements and innovations.
👏👏👏👏👏
H L
H L on 13 Sep 2023
Bravo!
Thousands of MATLABers can communicate with each other and mutual learning in this place.
Michelle Hirsch
Michelle Hirsch on 13 Sep 2023
File Exchange was quite an upgrade from the old ftp server for sharing MATLAB files!
Christopher Stapels
Christopher Stapels on 13 Sep 2023
"Hundreds of files" on file exchange :)
Ashfaq Ahmed
Ashfaq Ahmed on 13 Sep 2023
Awesome!! Proud to be a part of this community!
Hans Scharler
Hans Scharler on 13 Sep 2023
Thanks for being here!

See Also