This is NOT a question but a point that I would like to raise. I suggest to comment my post and/or add additional and justified observations that you might have about R2013b's IDE.
When working on large projects the number of .m files grows very quickly and to cope with them I keep a two-sided view of the Editor on full screen (having Workspace, and Variables Editor on a second screen) with the tabs on a side.
This layout has many benefits and fits optimally (IMO) into a wide display. However, on R2013b this layout has been crippled.
How it was before on R2013a
Now on R2013b
- One bar with tabs for both sides of the editor
- Each side clearly outlines the path?me of the file
- Could close one specific side at a time
- Additional tabs bar per each view. Total waste of screen real-estate! After wasting vertical space with the ribbon, now that I found my optimal wide layout, here you go: "You thought it would be easy, eh?!".
- You can hide the tabs, but now how do I know at a glance what's the file I am working on?
- How do I close a document?