Data Specification Basics
Control the behavior of a Stateflow® chart and communicate with other charts, Simulink® blocks, and the MATLAB® workspace by using data. Through the Symbols pane, add new data and eliminate undefined or unused data. In the Property Inspector, control data properties such as scope, type, and size.
- Add Stateflow Data
Define the data that a chart stores internally in its own workspace.
- Set Data Properties
Specify data properties by using the Property Inspector or the Model Explorer.
- Manage Symbols in the Stateflow Editor
Add, delete, and trace nongraphical objects.
- Share Data with Simulink and the MATLAB Workspace
Define data to share with Simulink models and the MATLAB base workspace.
- Share Parameters with Simulink and the MATLAB Workspace
Define parameters to share constant data with Simulink models and the MATLAB base workspace.
- Access Data Store Memory from a Chart
Create Stateflow data objects that represent Simulink global data.
- Handle Integer Overflow for Chart Data
Choose saturation or wrapping behavior for arithmetic overflows.
- Identify Data by Using Dot Notation
Specify data by its location in the chart hierarchy.