MAB Modeling Guidelines
MathWorks® Advisory Board guidelines
MathWorks Advisory Board (MAB) guidelines stipulate important basic rules for modeling in Simulink® and Stateflow®. The overall purpose of these modeling guidelines is to allow for a simple, common understanding by modelers and consumers of control system models.
The main objectives of these guidelines are readability, simulation and verification, and code generation.
If you have a Simulink Check™ license, you can use the Model Advisor to check for compliance with a guideline.
- Naming Conventions
Signal line, block, and subsystem names
Simulink model diagram appearance, signals, blocks, and modeling patterns
Stateflow chart appearance, data and operations, events, and patterns
MATLAB® Function appearance, data, patterns, and use
- Model Advisor Checks for MAB Modeling Guidelines (Simulink Check)
- Model Advisor Checks for JMAAB Modeling Guidelines (Simulink Check)
- Purpose of the Guidelines and Template
- Considerations for Applying Guidelines to a Project
- Considerations for Determining Guideline Operation Rules
- Understanding Model Architecture
- Using Simulink and Stateflow in Modeling
- Usage Patterns