Wireless Product Marketing Engineer
- Job: 30944-SOD
- Location: UK-Glasgow
- Department: Product Marketing
Do you have deep expertise in wireless communications standards such as LTE, 5G, or 802.11 Wifi? Do you enjoy working with customers and giving presentations? Join MathWorks in an exciting role as a product champion for MathWorks’ products in the area of wireless communications.
As a product marketing engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience in wireless communication design to build customer-facing technical content, work with customers, gather customer feedback, explore opportunities to support emerging standards, and guide the roadmap of current and future wireless standards products at MathWorks.
Use your technical knowledge of wireless communications standards to drive adoption of MathWorks wireless products and guide the roadmap of future capabilities. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Understand customer workflows in detail, identify relevant gaps in MathWorks products, and drive development efforts to fill those gaps.
- Analyze wireless technology and market trends, keeping track of standards evolution.
- Promote and champion MATLAB, Simulink, and relevant toolboxes within the wireless communications engineering community. This includes creation of web content, presentations, and demos.
- Cultivate relationships with engineers at key accounts, creating a common vision and a source of feedback for future development efforts.
You should expect to travel about 20% of the time in support of customer facing engagements. Travel will be mostly within Europe, with occasional international travel, including to the United States.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Technical background in wireless communication systems design (device and/or network), familiar with the workflow for design, implementation or testing of wireless communication systems
- Relevant work experience with a leading corporation in the wireless communications industry
- Knowledge in wireless communication standards such as 5G, LTE, WLAN, Bluetooth, or Satellite communication
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink
- Solid skills in planning, project management and data analytics
- Experience in customer engagement
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.