Senior Learning and Development Engineer (m/f/d)
- Job: 29824-MGAI
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
As a Senior Learning and Development Engineer you will leverage technical domain expertise and customer facing engineering experience to enable MathWorks selling teams(Customer Facing Engineers and Account Managers) to have successful engagements with our customers. This role will require a high degree of collaboration with Technical Marketing and Customer Facing Engineering groups.
You will use your expertise to create and deliver training programs, assess organizational capabilities, help with the creation, management and delivery of customer facing content (For e.g., technical demos and presentations), and the collection of and reporting of program metrics.
- Maintain expertise in MathWorks products, industry trends and application of capabilities to customer challenges.
- Leverage engineering background and industry experience to work directly with MathWorks selling teams in enabling the effective selling of MathWorks solutions in specific market opportunities.
Content Design, Development and Delivery:
- Design, curate, develop, and implement learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives. This includes creating self-serve learning resources, blended learning solutions, instructor-led, and eLearning offerings.
- Provide coaching and consulting on curriculum/training design and development and build long-term business relationships with various groups within the organization.
- Teach and facilitate formal classes, informal groups, and events as required on topics related to MathWorks products, technical workflows and applications and other non-technical skills as relevant for the Customer Facing Engineering groups. When sufficient expertise is not available in-house, select and work with internal Subject Matter Experts or external vendors.
Customer Engagement Content Management:
- Collaborate with Technical Marketing and Customer Facing Engineering groups on the creation, management, delivery, and maintenance of customer engagement content for relevant markets and industries.
- Manage customer engagement content in the content portal. Act as a co-owner of specific content areas and coordinate with the content owners to ensure that the needs of MathWorks selling teams and customers are being met.
- Track usage and assess effectiveness of customer engagement content. Socialize the insights and help in driving the desired behaviors both from the MathWorks selling teams and the content owners.
- Facilitate information feedback from the MathWorks selling teams back to Technical Marketing.
Metrics and Best Practices:
- Collaboratively assess and report on readiness (skills, content, systems, processes etc.) of MathWorks selling teams to execute on customer engagement strategies and objectives.
- Measure and document the transfer of knowledge and associated impact via key performance indicators and Kirkpatrick evaluation models. Present current state, strategies for enhancing learning transfer and impact, and recommended next steps.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Master’s in Engineering, Computer Science, or other field related to Software Development and Application with 5+ years’ experience in Training, Application Engineering or Technical Marketing role.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink as applied to engineering problems and processes.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language preferred
- Customer facing experience is a plus
- Experience in the Aerospace, Automotive or relevant industries
- Experience with informal learning, blended learning, reinforcement programs
- Proficiency in project management
- Exceptional consulting and communication skills including an engaging presentation style, strong group facilitation skills, change management, and clear and precise writing
- Proficiency in developing and delivering classroom, online, and self-paced learning utilizing adult learning principles for highly technical audiences is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.