5G Wireless Communications Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with a background in wireless communication standards. You will be part of an experienced team developing our simulation products. You will write software to simulate the PHY of 5G and 5G Advanced communication standards. You will write models for waveform generation and receiver algorithms, including MIMO techniques and channel models, with special emphasis on modelling RF stages. This position requires a range of skills, including:
- Modelling of standard based 5G systems and beyond
- Modelling of RF stages
- Knowledge of receiver techniques and MIMO systems
- Familiarity with channel modelling theory
- Designing, implementing, and testing of software products
- Interacting with customers and understanding their workflows and requirements
- Showcasing our tools by developing demos illustrating the different aspects and use cases of our wireless simulation products
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues worldwide
- Contribute to the development of our world-class software tools for the simulation of wireless communication standards
- Develop software to model the physical layer of wireless communication standards
- Simulate the effect of RF stages on the performance of the communications link
- Understand customer workflows and industry practices to develop the best tools for the job
- Work through the development cycle for each feature: gather requirements by engaging with customers and customer-facing engineers, design the feature by interacting with MathWorks development teams, code, debug and test new features and incorporate into our product’s codebase
- Develop examples showcasing the best practices for using our tools
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge of wireless communication standards such as: 5G, LTE, WLAN, UMTS
- RF experience
- Knowledge of Simulink
- Programming experience in C/C++
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.