Senior Application Engineer - Education
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
- Job: 27994-ACOO
- Location: US-MD-Chevy Chase
- Department: Education Customer Success
Partner with earth and ocean sciences research organizations (such as USGS, NOAA, and NCAR) and university atmospheric science and geoscience departments to understand their long-term objectives and technical and business challenges. Use the insights gained to paint a vision of how MathWorks can help them address their challenges. Demonstrate MATLAB and Simulink capabilities and tools that enable them to achieve better outcomes in their research and curriculum projects. Consistently deliver value such that institutions and individuals achieve their goals faster.
Partner with Researchers to help them do their best work
- Educate them about tools that address their challenges and enable them to take on and participate in new technologies and new trends in their fields
- Map the tools to their research and teaching requirements, such as Artificial Intelligence, Systems Thinking, and Quantitative Thinking
Partner with Educators to help them do their best teaching
- Enable computational thinking by influencing academic leaders to incorporate computational literacy into their curriculum. Identify, track and influence the adoption of MATLAB and Simulink products in relevant science and engineering courses and research projects, at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Establish rapport with leading faculty and researchers and work with them to demonstrate the impact of MathWorks products on their work, on-campus and in the broader community. Communicate the impact of MathWorks engagements to institute leadership.
Strategize, Plan, and Execute
- Develop technical engagement plans and activities in collaboration with the account team to increase the adoption of MathWorks products across a set of strategic institutions. Regularly review the key metrics with your team to adapt your plans. Report plan progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Visit customers to support deeper use of MathWorks products. Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples.
- Advocate on behalf of customer needs to influence the future of MathWorks products.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- MS/PhD in geoscience, such as climate/environmental science, civil engineering, oceanography, atmospheric science, geophysics, geochemistry, hydrology, seismology, structural geology or related computational field
- Proven working experience with MATLAB & Simulink
- Experience working in earth, ocean or atmospheric sciences is a plus
- Experience in a sales, marketing or customer-facing technical role is a plus
- Experience as a graduate-level researcher or teaching assistant is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.