Wireless Communications Engineer - Summer Intern
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
- Are you interested in state of the art wireless communications standards and systems?
- Do you want to learn about the next generation of Wi-Fi and wireless positioning and sensing?
- Do you want to work with an expert team at a Glassdoor top 25 places to work company?
If you answered yes to these questions you should apply for this internship. You will develop simulation models for the next generation of Wi-Fi systems. You will receive hands on training on the use of MathWorks products and will work with other developers to deliever create new tools for our customers.
You will work with the wireless standards modelling development team. Your responsibilities will be:
- Research wireless systems
- Generate simulation models for these systems and study their performance
- Present your findings and models to development teams and customer facing engineers
- Participate in reviews of new features for existing mobile communication products.
- Provide feedback to developers, quality and documentation engineers on their features
- Support the maintenance effort for existing products
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- Experience in Signal processing and Communication systems
- Programming expertise
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE and/or Wi-Fi systems is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning/deep learning is a plus
- Knowledge of communications system level simulations is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.