Senior User Experience (UX) Designer - RF & Circuit Design
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Would you like to join a world-class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems for desktop, web and mobile platforms?
Working with cross-functional teams you will lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving user problems through phenomenal design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
- You enjoy learning from other world-class UX Designers and mentoring/coaching junior UX designers
- Collaborate with Developers, UX Researchers, and other cross-functional team members to design technical products that enable our customers around the world to work smarter and faster
- Drive early prototyping, design benchmarking and interactive prototype development to explore design ideas and arrive at the best solution for our customers
- Translate product requirements into user experiences that meet user needs and support product roadmaps
- Leverage data-driven feedback from usability studies and other design assessments, as well as technical input, to improve designs
- Research industry design trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web to support your work
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility deployed across the company
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software design
- A STEM degree
- Proficiency with Figma and Miro
- Experience collaborating with highly technical development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Knowledge of programming workflows, developer environments, or technical computing software
- Signal processing or communications engineering experience
- Responsive and accessible design experience is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.