Software Engineer - Parallel, Cloud-based Code Generation
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Take an active role in powering the world's most demanding and reliable applications: cars, planes, and medical devices. Design solutions to automate the deployment of new code generation applications. Join an agile team developing the next generation of tools for embedded systems design.
You will work on the MATLAB and Simulink Coder build process that drives automatic code generation, compilation, and packaging of code, to support a variety of host and real-time embedded systems use cases, including simulation, verification, and deployment.
Your task will be to create tools of exceptional quality that accelerate the development of embedded software. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and validating features to support new workflows including:
- Parallel code generation and build technology for maximum performance and ease of use
- Automation of cloud-based and on-target/remote builds
- Integration with industry standard tooling (for example, Continuous Integration and CMake) and compilers for large scale software build
To achieve this, you will be required to work closely with other team members in Cambridge, UK and Natick, North America.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A good first degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related discipline from a top tier university
- Industry-strength, software development experience in C++, MATLAB, or other high level programming language
- Experience with compiler toolchains and build environments
- Experience with parallel computing and/or embedded systems development
- Solid oral and written communication
- Self-motivated, independent worker, with a history of driving tasks to completion
To all recruitment agencies: MathWorks does not accept agency CVs. Please do not submit CVs to our career site or to our MathWorks staff. MathWorks is not responsible for any fees for CVs submitted by an agency.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.