User Experience (UX) Researcher
- Are you energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems to deliver solutions?
- Interested in improving programming (API) and graphical-based workflows for scientists and engineers?
- Want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place?
- Interested in designing tools used to build the next generation of wireless technologies?
Come join our UX team of over 90 UX professionals. We are dedicated to delivering useful and usable solutions for our software products. Get involved in user centered design across various MathWorks wireless products.
Learn more about the UX department.
As a UX Researcher, you will collaborate with UX Designers and other members of a cross-functional development team to improve programmatic and graphical workflows for engineers and scientists. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and test innovative solutions to complex problems:
- Make recommendations about which UX research methods to use to answer questions about your users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and develop user profiles to impact strategy and product direction
- Lead usability tests and perform other usability assessments
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design decisions based on that feedback
- Collaborate with UX designers on the design of graphical-based UIs
- Design programmatic interfaces (APIs)
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree.
- 3+ years of experience with user centered design in software design and development.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and processes (e.g., Agile, Jira)
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills.
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.