Application Engineer- Modelling and Simulation
As an Application Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in modelling, simulation, and programming to accelerate the pace of engineering development and innovation through Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink. Working with UK customers across a range of industries and applications, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales, and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application, and evolution of MathWorks technology.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools for analysis and simulation, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, estimation and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong first degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Some experience of Developing and using simulation models of mechanical and/or electrical systems for automotive and/or aerospace applications (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects concurrently
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.