Senior Cloud Integrations Engineer
Would you like to help ensure scientists and engineers the world over can access MATLAB in the environments they need it in? We are seeking a senior cloud/software engineer to help us achieve our vision of MATLAB becoming ubiquitous across cloud and data science platforms.
You will apply your talents as a senior engineer to lead the development of software integrations between MATLAB and a variety of popular deployment environments, such as Juypter and Open OnDemand. You will also play a pivotal role in our effort to deliver MathWorks products as cloud-native solutions to a variety of platforms using cutting-edge technologies such as Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- As a senior member of the external integrations team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of MATLAB's integration with open-source platforms, such as Jupyter, as well as with public-cloud vendors, such as AWS and Azure.
- You will contribute to the full life cycle of the solutions, from initial requirements gathering and architectural design, to development, usability testing, debugging, and maintenance.
- You will be passionate about the latest developments in cloud computing, containers and applicable platforms and be eager to leverage these in our customer solutions.
- You will seek real world feedback on requirements through customer interviews and usability tests.
- You will collaborate with team members across departments and international offices, to produce high-quality, robust solutions.
- You will participate in all collaborative team activities such as planning, design discussions and code reviews.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Detailed knowledge of operating systems and cloud networking.
- Experience with at least one public cloud platform (e.g. AWS).
- Experience using modern development practices like agile and CI/CD systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience with open-source development.
- Experience with a container platform (e.g. Kubernetes).
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.