Technical Writer - Cloud Computing
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
- Are you driven by learning new technologies and sharing your knowledge?
- Do you have a strong aptitude for writing and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
- Are you interested in developing products that play a key role in the advancement of engineering and science?
Come and join a team at MathWorks that develops content to explain how to use cutting-edge parallel and cloud computing technologies in MATLAB.
MathWorks parallel computing products are used by scientists and engineers to speed up code, solve bigger computational problems with big data, and scale up to clusters and clouds. Users rely on our documentation to get to grips with new features and concepts, so they can be more productive, more quickly.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, you will develop creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world goals, as well as exploring and explaining practical parallel computing concepts and procedures. You might be:
- Experienced in software development
- A recent graduate in computer science, maths, physics or engineering with a keen interest in technical communication
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background
Our documentation team has over 150 passionate technical professionals helping design and explain cutting-edge products for millions of users and hundreds of thousands of web visitors a day. Content developers are core members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
- Write goal-oriented content that explains concepts and techniques for working with MATLAB in the cloud, including deploying reference architectures and working with Docker and Kubernetes containers.
- Develop examples and tutorials that demonstrate important use cases for MATLAB in the cloud, such as workflows for machine learning, deep learning, and high performance computing on clusters and clouds.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what they need to learn to be successful with our software.
- Participate with the development team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers.
- Experience with parallel computing, containers or clouds
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Some experience programming in C or related languages
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.