`float_params` is a MATLAB function for obtaining the parameters of several
floating-point arithmetics. The parameters are built into the code and are
not computed at run time.
The parameters are
- the unit roundoff,
- the smallest positive (subnormal) floating-point number,
- the smallest positive normalized floating-point number,
- the largest floating-point number,
- the number of binary digits in the significand (including the
implicit leading bit)
and the arithmetics supported are
- IEEE half precision (fp16),
- IEEE single precision (fp32),
- IEEE double precision (fp64),
- IEEE quadruple precision (fp128).
The code was developed in MATLAB R2018b and works with versions at least
back to R2016b.
Nick Higham (2019). float_params (https://www.github.com/higham/float_params), GitHub. Retrieved .
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.