The MDCE log file is found in the location below:
You will get this error due to using an older version of the mjs_def file where it does not contain either one or more of the maximum memory lines. These lines tell the mdce process to send a particular amount of memory through to the JVM.
Your mjs_def file is located here:
Where $MATLABROOT is the installation directory of MATLAB.
*To resolve this issue, make sure that the following lines are inside of your mjs_def <file:*>
# WORKER_MAXIMUM_MEMORY: The maximum heap size of the all worker java
# JOB_MANAGER_MAXIMUM_MEMORY: The maximum heap size of the job manager java
After changing this file, make sure you restart your mdce processes to start using this change.
- NOTE: Starting in R2019a the following name changes occurred:
- MATLAB Distributed Computing Server was renamed to MATLAB Parallel Server
- mdce_def was renamed to mjs_def
- mdce binary was renamed to mjs
- mjs_def.bat file is in $MATLAB/R20XXx/toolbox/distcomp/bin for R2019a and earlier.