This one-day course presents different ways in which MATLAB® can be used as a teaching tool. Attendees will learn how to use Live Editor, MATLAB Grader, and AppDesigner for the purpose of explaining concepts and grading automatically.
- Creating interactive live scripts
- Adding problems and reference solutions to MATLAB Grader for automatic assessments
- Using App Designer to create graphical applications that can be used for teaching
Day 1 of 1
Teaching with Interactive Live Scripts
Objective: Use Live Editor to create an interactive script.
- Creating a new live script
- Importing data
- Visualizing data and inserting section breaks
- Adding Live Editor controls
- Adding Live Editor tasks
- Formatting a live script
- Inserting images, equations, and hyperlinks
- Learning the View menu features
Assessing Student Work
Objective: Add a problem with its respective reference solution to the MATLAB Grader.
- Adding new problems to MATLAB Grader
- Learning the requirements for a MATLAB Grader problem
- Adding a functional reference solution
Teaching with Interactive Apps
Objective: Use App Designer to create and share an app by laying out components and giving them interactive behavior.
- Working in the App Designer interface
- Adding callbacks to components
- Programming callback functionality
- Sharing apps with others
Appendix A: Working on the Cloud and Sharing Content
Objective: Use MATLAB Drive™ to share files with course collaborators and students.
- Organizing content for sharing
- Sharing with individuals and groups
- Working with shared Folders