Senior Technical Consultant
Do you want to join a worldwide team of exceptional engineers and become an expert in MATLAB and Simulink? We work across the automotive, aerospace and finance industries on cutting edge technology projects and engineering challenges and are seeking an engineer with enthusiasm for model-based design. In this role you will help our customers become self-sufficient in the use of Simulink and associated tools to manage their requirements, build system models, run simulations to enable design decisions, automatically generate and deploy code, and create verification test benches. At MathWorks, you will have an impact on the development of the leading software for engineers and scientists, and opportunities to improve your professional, technical and leadership skills. Learn more about our worldwide team, the work we do, and the impacts on our customers and our office in Bangalore.
A MathWorks Consultant has a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' engineering challenges and development processes.
- Designing, implementing and explaining solutions to meet customers' requirements.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers.
- Learning new software tools and technologies and building deep technical expertise.
- Make our major customers (automotive, aerospace, industrial automation, etc.) in the India and globally successful in using the Simulink family of products for model-based design and the development of embedded software.
- Work hands-on with our customers to overcome difficult research and technical challenges, improve performance and product quality, and reduce development time.
- Deliver high quality coaching, advisory and implementation services on the use of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Work with sales and marketing to articulate the value of model-based design, and create tools, adoption and implementation plans.
- Manage requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, customer interaction and delivery of consulting projects.
- Work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, application engineers, and developers to ensure customer success and adoption.
- Collaborate with MathWorks' product development teams to influence the next generation of engineering and scientific tools.
- Willingness to expand and ramp up in new engineering areas (e.g., data sciences and cloud workflows).
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Simulink and Model-Based Design.
- Strong MATLAB scripting and programming experience.
- Expertise in mathematical and first-principles modelling of physical systems, data-driven modelling and controller development.
- Software development in C or C++ for real-time and embedded applications.
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Development of software tools for engineering and/or scientific applications.
- Technical consulting and project management.
- Software certification processes and standards such as ISO 26262, AUTOSAR, DO 178C, etc.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.