Senior Consultant - Signal Processing and HDL
- Job: 30973-TMEL
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
As a Consultant Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in the development and deployment of signal processing and communications systems to help MathWorks’ customers develop state-of-the-art solutions using MATLAB and Simulink. Working with UK and European customers, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales, and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application, and evolution of MathWorks technology
Enable MathWorks customers to be successful in their projects through the use of MATLAB, Simulink, and associated tools. Specifically:
- Analyse customer requirements, tools, and workflows at the individual and team levels.
- Propose compelling projects that deliver value to both the customer and MathWorks.
- Deliver projects either individually or as part of a team which may be geographically dispersed.
- Solve demanding technical problems in algorithm development, simulation, analysis, and hardware deployment.
- Collaborate with a worldwide team to identify and support industry trends.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- A strong degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink for digital signal processing, algorithm development, and radar or communication system simulation.
- Experience deploying algorithms to hardware such as embedded processors, FPGAs, GPUs, or systems on a chip, and working with the associated languages (C/C++, HDL, CUDA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to scope, lead, and work on multiple technical projects concurrently.
In addition, any experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Software-defined radio.
- RF/antenna analysis and system simulation.
- Certification standards such as DO-178 and DO-254.
- Wireless communication standards such as 5G, LTE, or WLAN.
- Application of the above skills to commercial aerospace or communications projects.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.