Desktop Support Technician
- Job: 30949-AEVE
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Information Technology
Join a dynamic IT support team and use your skills to support the day-to-day IT needs of MathWorks employees. Get in touch with end users by phone, chat, e-mail and intranet and carry out the troubleshooting both in person and remotely at the Cambridge office. Expand your IT knowledge by participating in worldwide projects and working with different areas of the organization to prepare for your next career step at MathWorks.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer systems and applications, including desktops, laptops, network devices, operating systems, desktop software, and enterprise applications
- Support of conferences and events (online, on-site, off-site), webinar support
- Setup and management, support of AV equipment for conference rooms
- Resolve help tickets accurately and in a timely manner. Adhere to SLAs and group practices.
- Collaborate with team members and other IT teams to solve complex problems
- Being the local Interface to external service providers
- Carry out project work as assigned, e.g. document solutions, develop guidelines, investigate persistent problems, automate routine tasks
- Managing and maintaining the local IT equipment with our asset management system
- Training of our employees
- Identify trends and provide regular reports to IT Management and contribute to service improvement.
- Manage onsite team staffing levels, using a staff rota, where appropriate.
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ years of experience in IT Support, including networked PC systems
- A mature candidate who is happy to shoulder accountability for both themselves and their team
- Self-motivated and gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Ability to motivate a team and get along with others.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan, time manage, and multi-task.
- Competency in operating systems and desktop software including Microsoft ecosystem
- Good knowledge of network principles, topology, and protocols
- Linux, Mac, SharePoint, Webex, AV knowledge.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.