Manager, Engineering Development Group
- Job: 30898-AEVE
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Product Development
Apply your passion for coaching and manage a team of engineers to set them on a path to a successful career. The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a technical and leadership development program that acts as the engine to fuel talent growth at MathWorks. The role of the EDG manager is central to the success of not just the engineers, but also has a high impact on the successful and sustained growth of the company.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and lead a high performing team of engineers and computer scientists with a variety of skillsets
- Support the career growth of team members through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Enable the team to provide high quality, specialized product support to our customers while helping the team build product expertise and customer workflow knowledge
- Lead projects within the department and colloborate with other leaders in the organization to improve how we work and grow the impact of the EDG program
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Management experience within a technical team preferred
- Excellent communication skills
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.