Wireless Software Engineer
- Job: 30890-AEVE
- Location: UK-Glasgow
- Department: Quality Engineering
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Software Engineering in Test Team. You will contribute to designing, coding, and testing new infrastructure that will help MathWorks deliver exciting solutions in the area of nextgeneration Wireless Communications. Help us explore how AI will form the basis of 6G and next generation Wi-Fi, and the solutions required to address the scalability and computational complexity required to simulate these systems.
As an active participant in the development organisation, you will be involved in the design process from its early stages all the way to product release.
As part of the Software Engineering in Test organisation, you will support and champion MathWorks primary goal of delivering high-quality software to our customers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and define test automation strategies for the simulation of next generation Wireless Communications.
- Keep pace with industry trends and deepen your domain skills as you help your development team release new features and products.
- Engage early in the development process to influence the choice of technology, system design and architecture to promote testability.
- Engage with engineers to gain a deep understanding for user workflows by actively participating in our user communities, customer engagements and user experience studies.
- Architect test frameworks, infrastructures, and tools that help automate key user workflows in your domain.
- Author comprehensive suite of tests that result in early detection of bugs and provide extensive coverage.
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ or any equivalent object-oriented programming language.
- Knowledge of industry testing standards and exposure to automated testing tools such as memory, performance, code coverage, etc.
- Good problem-solving and programming skills.
- Experience with Simulink and/or MATLAB products.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
- Experience in developing tests for Deep Learning based applications.
- Experience with GPU Targeting and Code Acceleration.
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms such as AWS.
- Knowledge of UI Design and Implementation.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.