Power Electronics Modeling Engineer
- Job: 30783-TMEL
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Product Development
Are you passionate about accelerating the transition to an electrified world? Do you have experience in power converter design, modelling, and simulation? Join the Simscape Electrical team at MathWorks! Thousands of engineers use our products to advance the sustainability revolution worldwide! Take a look at our power electronics simulation products.
You might be:
- An experienced engineer with a specialist knowledge in modelling and control design for power converters.
- A post-graduate, or post-doctorate, with focus on power electronics, and keen interest in power conversion systems.
You will work on product planning, design review, development, and testing, to shape the design of our innovative products, and help MathWorks develop next-generation Model-Based Design software.
You will work independently and with our multi-national, cross-functional team to:
- Develop mathematical models of power electronic converters and their associated controllers.
- Create workflows, tools, and simulation examples to help customers become productive quickly.
- Interact with customers, application engineers, and marketing to gather requirements.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Deep understanding of power converters both at the system and component levels.
- Ability to build abstract models for power converters
- Experience in control design for power electronics
- Understanding of thermal behaviour of power converters.
- Understanding of the behaviour of different semiconductor device types
- Experience in MATLAB programming or other scripting language.
- Strong mathematical background
- Strong simulation experience
- Experience with power electronics in industrial applications (grid, energy storage, automotive, aerospace, …)
- Experience using Simscape Electrical or other electrical simulation tools.
- Software development experience
- Electrical engineering degree.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.