6G Wireless Communications Engineer
- Job: 30776-SOD
- Location: UK-Glasgow
- Department: Product Development
Do you want to have a direct impact on the development of cutting edge wireless 6G systems?
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated engineer to develop algorithms and tools to help our customers develop 6G systems. You will investigate and simulate candidate technologies for 6G systems at the physical layer and above, using novel techniques including AI. As a key member of the development team responsible for wireless standards toolboxes, you will play a critical role in identifying opportunities and developing tools to create the next generation of mobile communication standards.
- Investigate and simulate 6G candidate technologies such as Terahertz, localization and sensing, intelligent reflective surfaces, and non-terrestrial networks
- Apply novel machine learning and signal processing techniques to 6G challenges
- Track the work of standardisation bodies working on 5G-Advanced and early 6G wireless systems
- Interact with customers to understand their workflows and requirements
- Collaborate closely with a team of wireless and digital signal processing experts
- Create world-class 5G-Advanced and 6G simulation tools
- Develop demos to illustrate how to use our wireless simulation tools across a variety of applications and use cases
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge of wireless communication standards such as: 5G, LTE, WLAN, UMTS
- AI/machine learning experience
- Experience performing link and system level simulations
- RF experience
- Knowledge of Simulink
- Programming experience in C/C++
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.