Senior Technical Consultant - Model Risk Management
- Job: 30719-SOD
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
MathWorks is seeking a computational finance specialist to join our Consulting Services team. In this role you will help our customers use MATLAB and MathWorks products for risk management, algorithmic trading, financial forecasting and modelling; to develop interactive applications and end-to-end solutions. At MathWorks, you will have an impact on the development of the leading software for quantitative finance and risk management, and opportunities to improve your professional, technical and leadership skills through a wide range of project work with global financial institutions.
A MathWorks Consultant has a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
• Understanding customers' engineering challenges and development processes
• Designing, implementing and explaining solutions to meet customers' requirements
• Managing multiple projects concurrently
• Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
• Learning new software tools and technologies and building deep technical expertise
• Lead consulting engagements with and deliver technical services to customers to make them successful in using the MATLAB family of products for quantitative finance and risk modelling
• Work hands-on with our customers to overcome difficult research and technical challenges, improve performance and quality, and reduce development time.
• Deliver high quality coaching, advisory and implementation services on the technical application of MATLAB.
• Manage requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, customer interaction and delivery of consulting projects.
• Conceive, design, prototype, and evaluate potential solution strategies
• Work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, application engineers, and developers, to design, build, and promote service offerings specific to the finance industry and to ensure customer enablement and success
• Collaborate with MathWorks' product development teams to continuously improve the next generation of financial modelling tools.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
• MS/PhD in mathematics, econometrics, physics or engineering
• Proficiency in MATLAB
• Experience with data science and cloud computing platforms
• Customer-facing experience
• Project management experience
• Availability to travel as projects require
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.