Natural Language Processing Developer
- Job: 30680-TMEL
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Product Development
Are you interested in large language models and their applications to science and engineering? Are you excited about leveraging models such as ChatGPT to create applications with real-world impact? Join our team to build exciting features to change how our users interact with our products, improving their productivity and efficiency while keeping the high standards needed for critical applications.
Text Analytics is looking for a new team member who, like us, is excited about NLP technology, solving problems, and learning new things. You will experience how to deliver high-quality and innovative solutions from beginning to end with a focus on large language models. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and deploying large language models for various applications. If you want to learn more about the features and applications we have been working on, check out our product page.
Design, develop, and maintain the next generation of MATLAB's natural language processing and text analytics solutions.
- Research and evaluate new techniques and approaches for developing large language models.
- Play a key role in defining requirements and designing NLP solutions for MATLAB.
- Contribute to a high-quality codebase, develop tests, and participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with team members across engineering, quality engineering, user experience, and documentation to provide a quality product for our customers.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with a scientific computing language such as MATLAB, Python, or R.
- Strong background in NLP workflows and frameworks, including natural language processing libraries such as NLTK, spaCy, and Hugging Face.
- Strong background in large language models such as GPT-3, BERT, and other Transformer-based models.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques and frameworks such as MATLAB, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or scikit-learn.
Nice to have
- Experience with finetuning, training from scratch and prompt engineering for large language models.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, such as C++ or Java.
- Experience deploying large language models.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.