Engineering Technical Writer - Deep Learning
- Job: 30560-TMEL
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Technical Writing
- Do you want to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems in deep learning and natural language processing (NLP)?
- Do you have an aptitude for writing and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
- Are you interested in developing products that play a key role in the advancement of engineering and science?
You might be:
- A recent graduate in computer science, maths, physics or engineering with a keen interest in technical communication
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background
- Enthusiastic about machine learning, language models, or data science
Come and join our team at MathWorks to develop online content to explain deep learning and text analytics workflows using MATLAB. At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products, and you will have a team of software engineering and technical writing experts to support and train you. As you collaborate with your team, you will:
- Research end users to discover what they need to know to harness our technologies for solving real-world engineering problems.
- Distill the intricacies of our products into examples and workflows that help customers become productive quickly.
- Help shape the design of our cutting-edge tools.
Our doc team has over 150 passionate technical professionals helping design and explain cutting-edge products for millions of users and hundreds of thousands of web visitors a day. Technical writers are core members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
- Develop creative examples that show how to use MATLAB to solve deep learning workflows, including natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
- Explain algorithms, app workflows, and important end-to-end use cases for deep learning applications across many domains such as text, images, audio, signals and time series.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what they need to learn to be successful with our deep learning software.
- Participate with the development team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to learn and explain practical deep learning and text analytics concepts and procedures with creative examples
- Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers
- Enthusiasm for working in cross-functional teams, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with deep learning or text analytics techniques
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Some experience of other programming languages
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.