Software Engineer - Cloud Platform Integrations
Would you like to help ensure scientists and engineers the world over can access MATLAB in the environments they need it in? We are seeking a talented software/cloud engineer to help us achieve our vision of MATLAB becoming ubiquitous across cloud and data-science platforms. You will apply your skills to develop software integrations between MATLAB and a variety of popular deployment environments such as Jupyter. You will also contribute in the effort to deliver MathWorks products as cloud-native solutions to platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- As a member of the Cloud Platform Integrations team, you will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of MATLAB's integration with open-source platforms, such as Jupyter, as well as with public-cloud vendors, such as AWS and Azure.
- Contribute to the full life cycle of the solutions, from initial requirements gathering and architectural design, to development, usability testing, debugging, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with team members across departments and international offices to produce high-quality, robust solutions that are delivered to production.
- Participate in all collaborative team activities such as planning, design discussions and code reviews.
- Stay abreast with the latest developments in the cloud and containerization eco-systems.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Important to have:
- Strong programming skills including knowledge of Object Orientated programming.
- Knowledge of operating systems and networking.
Prior exposure to the following are a strong plus:
- Cloud technologies, like AWS (including CloudFormation)
- Containerization technologies, like Docker.
- Container orchestration systems, like Kubernetes.
- Continuous Integration & delivery systems, like Travis CI or Jenkins.
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large code bases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.