Revenue Accounting Associate
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
This person will be an integral part of the Finance and Operations team that has responsibilities for accurately validating and processing customer orders. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full order to cash cycle beginning with the sales quote and concluding with the acknowledgment of payment. This person will interact daily with Customers, as well as Sales and Finance teams across EMEA and with the company headquarters in Natick, USA. The successful candidate will support the business for the EMEA region and the Finance & Operations team in Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Customer Service, Accounting, Operations, etc. to ensure the accuracy and integrity of each business transaction.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms, and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards. Maintain the integrity of all customer, contact, and installed product databases.
- Follow all established export control policies regarding end use and end user controls.
- Confirm revenue is properly recorded by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are shipped, invoiced.
- Maintain all pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, VAT, ship to and bill to information, etc.
- Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with accounting to ensure proper payments are made to the Sales organization.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively initiating outbound calls striving to maintain an adequate DSO.
- Develop and generate monthly reporting metrics and routine revenue reporting by revenue class, license type, sector, location, product, and industry reports, metrics and value-added analyses to support the local management for regular business analyses.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects within the finance and operations team as required.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and customer focused
- Possess excellent organisational and follow-up skills, and a hands-on attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Proficient in a computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, MS PowerPoint, etc.
Nice to have:
- Prior work or internship experience in an Accounting role, Finance, Credit and Collection, Customer Service, or Operations
- Additional skills with Enterprise Reporting Applications (Salesforce, Business Objects, Oracle Cloud, SAP, JDE)
- High technology software industry or experience in a US Multinational company
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.