Accounts Payable & Revenue Accounting Associate
- Job: 29027-AEVE
- Location: UK-Cambridge
- Department: Finance and Operations
Are you looking to gain a breadth of experience across Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) and Order-to-Cash (O2C)? Perhaps you're studying towards your AAT or CIMA and keen to join a large, international organisation?
This position will offer good growth opportunities and will be responsible for the full P2P and O2C cycles, supporting the business for the EMEA region.
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work model featuring both work-from-home flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration. Join us to build your next career development step.
- Accounts Payable:
- Processing of invoices from receipt to payment, including staff expenses
- Monthly close of AP accounting modules, ensuring monthly Subledger to General Ledger reconciliation
- Resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Supplier request completion
- Revenue Accounting:
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Customer Service, Accounting, Operations, etc. to ensure the accuracy and integrity of each business transaction.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms, and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards. Maintain the integrity of all customer, contact, and installed product databases.
- Follow all established export control policies regarding end use and end user controls.
- Confirm revenue is properly recorded by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are shipped, invoiced.
- Maintain all pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, VAT, ship to and bill to information, etc.
- Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with accounting to ensure proper payments are made to the Sales organization.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively initiating outbound calls striving to maintain an adequate DSO.
- Develop and generate monthly reporting metrics and routine revenue reporting by revenue class, license type, sector, location, product, and industry reports, metrics and value-added analyses to support the local management for regular business analyses.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects within the finance and operations team as required
- Proactively identify and drive process improvement opportunities that will improve our efficiency and support workflows.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- AAT qualification in lieu of degree
- Detail oriented, accurate, and customer focused
- Possess excellent organisational and follow-up skills, and a hands-on attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Proficient in a computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, MS PowerPoint, etc.
Nice to have:
- Prior work or internship experience in an Accounting role, Finance, Credit and Collection, Customer Service, or Operations
- Additional skills with Enterprise Reporting Applications (Salesforce, Business Objects, Oracle Cloud, SAP, JDE)
- High technology software industry or experience in a US Multinational company
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.