Hybrid Work Model
As a MathWorks Training Engineer you prepare and deliver product training courses for MATLAB and Simulink to customers who work on a variety of engineering and scientific applications. Training courses may be off-the shelf offerings or may require some customisation to address customer educational, industry and application requirements.
You will primarily be involved in teaching a range of courses. This will include MATLAB and Simulink at an introductory level and some additional advanced courses dependent on your background.
1. Delivering training courses using an approach that provides value to the course delegates and which allows delegates to understand and make use of the full capabilities of the MathWorks products.
2. Working with customers to gather requirements for customised training courses and to prepare the training material, as far as possible using existing course material.
3. Reviewing new training course material and providing feedback to the developer of that course.
4. Developing training material including presentation slides, programs, application examples, and simulation models. This material must demonstrate best practice in the use of MathWorks products as well as highlighting important features and capabilities
5. Accountability for quality of work, timing and level of effort including the submission of trip or training report
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Science
- Passion for Training
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink or similar products as applied to engineering problems
- Knowledge in Model-Based Design and/or Control Design
- Working knowledge of other programming languages (C, C++)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Formal presentation or training delivery skills are pluses
- First-hand experience in industry is a plus
- Knowledge of a second European language is a plus
Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.