MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work model featuring both work-from-home flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration. Join us to build your next career development step.
Do you have proven experience in accounting, reporting, auditing, US and UK GAAP, and working knowledge of direct and indirect taxes? Are you an out-of-the-box thinker and a problem solver with a strong aptitude for systems and demonstrated track record in leveraging technology? Then this position is for you, offering good growth opportunities in a multi-national environment.
Primarily responsible for the key areas of accounting for MathWorks from timely and accurate recording of transactions relating to monthly accruals, depreciation, to quarterly VAT reporting, to assisting with audits and statutory reports.
- Maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines in all areas of work and helping Finance & Operations team with day-to-day problem-solving.
- Compiling data to enable preparation of timely, accurate journal entries and account reconciliations for bank accounts, fixed assets, prepayments and accruals
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Completion of Office National Statistics reports – bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Finance Induction to all new hires with the latest information on Expense Policy and Expense reimbursement system of MathWorks.
- Assist with audit and statutory reports
- Partner with the Sales team on customer requests.
- Support the UK Payroll
- Maintain appropriate documentation to properly support and remit payments to vendors, including P.O.’s, invoices, receipts, tax documentation, approvals, etc
- Proactively identify and drive process improvement opportunities that will improve our efficiency and support workflows.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Accountancy qualification or studying towards an accountancy qualification, is a must.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high tech and data driven organisation.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systems & process savvy with experience in relevant software & financial reporting systems such as Microsoft Office Applications (EXCEL, WORD, etc.), SharePoint, Oracle Cloud ERP, Business Objects, etc.
- Teamwork mentality and problem-solving attitude, with high standards of integrity and work ethics.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.