Senior International Tax Professional
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
A hands-on role in the corporate tax department at a $1B multi-national software company, which is a leader in the prepackaged technical computing & engineering software markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for many day-to-day responsibilities on general and international tax matters. The candidate must also possess an aptitude for systems and be willing to partner with IT & Corporate Accounting to utilize a systematic approach to improve/automate workflows.
- Collaborate with multiple offices to assist on foreign income tax compliance and reporting requirements
- Transform manual processes to more streamlined automated solutions
- Manage the Company’s transfer pricing processes and intercompany documentation transfer pricing documentation
- Research and determine the impact of tax regulation developments and implement processes to address these developments
- Coordinate and review the preparation and workpapers for US International reporting (e.g. 8858, 8975, 5471)
- Partner with MathWorks tax team members on international tax planning projects
- Support responses for varying foreign tax audits and notices
- Respond and resolve notices from various taxing jurisdictions
- Assist with preparing audit information requests
- Work with external advisors
- Demonstrated experience in/with taxes
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor's degree required - major in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Proficient in Excel and MS office
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including ability to analyze large data sets in Excel
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.