Software Engineer in Test
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
The Software Engineer In Test will be responsible for developing software test suites and conducting hands-on testing of various involved features in the MATLAB and Simulink products. Some examples are MATLAB and Simulink Projects, saving to previous versions, Simulink Compare and Merge tool etc. You will participate in the various projects from its early design stages and play a critical role in driving it to final product release.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews; create test strategies and plans based on product/feature requirements.
- Design and implement test infrastructure; contribute to test tools and assets.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design, implement and execute automated test cases, analyze results, report and track defects.
- Develop, track, and report project level status and other performance metrics to appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional Software Quality efforts, driving quality practices into MathWorks products throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Programming experience with MATLAB is preferred
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
- Familiary with Simulink is a plus
- Good debugging skills
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.