Application Engineer - Model Based Design (Post-Sales)
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Do you love the idea of working with customers and mentoring others? Do you value opportunities to build deeper technical expertise? If the answer to these questions is yes, come and join us in the UK Advanced Support Group, and apply your knowledge in model-based design (MBD) to improve our code generation products.
Drive customer success with MathWorks' products by:
- resolving escalated and advanced technical issues
- leading strategic, technical engagements with customers
- developing external content to demonstrate product features and capabilities (ex. blog, examples, presentations, etc.)
Influence the direction of MathWorks' model-based design products by:
- leveraging your experience with embedded software workflows
- identifying emerging needs based on customer requests
- influencing feature planning by providing voice-of-the-customer input
- contributing to product design process (defining requirements and use cases, participating in design reviews and usability studies, etc.)
Mentor engineers in their technical and career growth
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ years of experience using Simulink or other model-based design (MBD) tools
- Excellent communication skills (effectively articulate ideas and provide feedback)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective collaborator in cross functional environment
- Familiarity with the development process in automotive (e.g. AUTOSAR) or aerospace industries is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.