Senior Application Engineer - Technical Computing
Hybrid Work Model
Join our dynamic team that combines passion for maths, engineering, software and MATLAB.
Leverage your technical and interpersonal skills to advise and help our leading automotive customers across Northern Europe to improve their products and development processes. Work with and extend the latest tools and techniques in areas such as machine learning and cloud platforms.
Collaborate with colleagues from development, sales and marketing to engage with MATLAB and Simulink users across industries and shape our products for the future.
Solving challenging analysis and modelling problems for a breadth of applications
Designing and developing solutions to fit within customers’ IT environments
Supporting MATLAB adoption by analysing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations and creating proof of concepts
Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- First class degree from a top university, in a technical subject e.g. Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Expertise developing algorithms in areas such as signal processing, image processing, machine learning, deep learning and/or control
- Interest in software architecture, web technologies, and enterprise integration patterns
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Most travel will be 1-2 day trips within the UK with some multi-day trips within Europe. Occasional travel to MathWorks headquarters in the US is also possible.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.