Senior Application Engineer - Model-Based Design
Hybrid Work Model
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in modelling, simulation, and programming to accelerate the pace of engineering development and innovation through Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink. Working with UK customers across a range of industries and applications, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales, and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application, and evolution of MathWorks technology.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools for analysis and simulation, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, estimation and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong first degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Developing real-time software for engineering systems
- Developing and using simulation models of mechanical and/or electrical systems for automotive and/or aerospace applications (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects concurrently
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Scoping and leading technical projects
- Designing, implementing, and/or working with control systems
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.