Senior Application Engineer - Aerospace & Defense
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
We are seeking a proactive individual to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems (e.g. EW, ESM, and EO/IR) segments of the Aerospace & Defense industry. In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success.
- Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- This position requires “U.S. Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
- Travel time will amount to approximately 20-30% of the time with trips generally no longer than four days when regular business travel resumes.
- Customer facing experience.
- Knowledge of the software development issues and processes in industry.
- Very strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) model-based design process and its implications for embedded systems development.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing–for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.