Aerospace & Defense Industry Manager
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
If you have experience with MATLAB and Simulink and are passionate about the Aerospace & Defense industry, this is the role for you!
As an AeroDef Industry Manager for Korea, we will deploy your expertise of the industry to craft and execute the company strategy to increase the adoption of MATLAB and Simulink for flight controls, system engineering, radar system development, AI and predictive maintenance across key industry segments, including aeronautics, naval, land, electronic systems, and C4ISR.
We will collaborate with sales, marketing, engineering, and the rest of the industry management team on the market development strategy, marketing message, supporting content, and marketing plan, as well as help define the long-term technology roadmap. Through these efforts you will craft how innovation leaders in the industry perceive MathWorks, and be the champion for these customers internally, to ensure MathWorks product development plans are aligned with the latest market trends.
Utilize your knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink to cultivate strategic accounts and grow the MathWorks business with us
- Understand customer workflows in detail, identify gaps, and help fill those gaps that can be addressed by MathWorks products
- Identify strategic projects at key customers and secure deep technical engagements with MathWorks technical specialists, to establish organizational adoption of our products
- Build and cultivate relationships with senior engineering management at key accounts, building a common vision for our technology in support of their business goals
- Perform industry benchmark analysis to identify growth areas/groups/opportunities and develop adoption and engagement strategies
- Distill key lessons learned into a set of best practices and sales enablement tools for others, to support growing sales worldwide
- Identify and work with critical 3rd party industry partners who provide complementary tools to complete the customer workflow
Enlist and drive the engagement of the AeroDef engineering community in championing MATLAB and Simulink for AI, data analytics, system engineering, and Model-Based Design
- Cultivate and enlist key influencers in industry and academia to advocate for the benefits of ours products and workflows
- Engage with industry bodies and regulatory authorities to help them understand the role of MathWorks products in supporting compliance with industry standards
- Deliver presentations, papers, panels at conferences and industry events, serve as the MathWorks spokesperson for the AeroDef industry by interacting with analysts, editors and journalists, and drive marketing programs and supporting materials for web and other promotion channels
Develop and execute market segment strategy and business plan
- Identify new market opportunities and build plans to increase growth and report progress to the internal strategic “board of advisors”
- Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the strategic direction of MathWorks tools
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience (7+ years) of the application of Model-Based Design workflows with Simulink or equivalent software
- Experience with embedded software engineering and simulation in industrial applications.
- Work experience with a leading corporation in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience in working with sales and driving technical discussions with customers
- Product marketing or business development background with a global software company
Travel time will amount to approximately 20-25% of the time
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.