Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
This new position in Cambridge is to support our office growth, specifically the new One Cambridge Science Park location. The focus will be day to day operations as per MathWorks worldwide standards. Primary responsibility will be to service the front desk activities such as guest and supplier registration, security badging, and post/package/courier activities. In this role with local guidance from the Facilities Specialist and Regional Facilities Manager for EMEA, you’ll work within the worldwide Office Services Group
Front desk, reception, switchboard:
- Supporting our physical office onsite daily, Monday through Friday (not subject to our hybrid flexible working model)
- Primary responsibility is to provide first contact with all visitors, guests, couriers, and suppliers
- Ensure all staff, visitors, suppliers, are properly registered and provided access
- Provide switchboard coverage for incoming calls
Support the Facilities team with administrative level tasks:
- Monitor the office Help Ticket system for service requests
- Input data to update facility documentation records, move management, and supplier activities
- Assist with processing of daily operations tasks
Provide coordination of the daily shipping/receiving and post
Maintain accurate records
Support the Facilities Specialist with onsite event support
- Educated to GCSE level including Math & English
- In lieu of degree, 4-7 years of experience in a professional office setting, or an NVQ would be acceptable
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a Customer Service environment
- Records and reporting experience
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.