C++ Software Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
- Do you want to work in a world class development organization, with an emphasis on software quality and delivering high impact features?
- Do you want to work on a large modern C++ codebase?
- Do you want to have a direct impact on accelerating the development and deployment of complex systems, from cars to planes?
If you answered yes to all the above, we’d like to hear from you!
As a C++ software engineer, you will work on enhancing MathWorks products that help our customers design and deploy next generation complex systems.
You will be tasked with creating tools of exceptional quality that accelerate the development and deployment of complex systems. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and validating new features and UIs for system level design including:
- Working on a modern C++14/C++17 code base
- Designing and implementing meta models and awe-inspiring UIs that work on the desktop and web
To achieve this, you will be required to work closely with other team members in Cambridge, UK and Natick, North America.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A good first degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline from a top tier university
- Solid oral and written communication
- Self-motivated, independent worker, with a history of driving tasks to completion
- Experience with developing system engineering tools is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.