Semiconductor Compact Modeller
Hybrid Work Model
Do you have a strong aptitude for mathematical modelling, simulation, and analysis? Do you have experience in SPICE software simulation tools, and a flair for simplifying complex concepts and workflows? You might be:
- An engineer with knowledge of semiconductor physics, discrete devices, or semiconductor modelling workflows.
- A post-graduate, or post-doctorate, of engineering, or physics with industrial experience and a keen interest in semiconductor devices.
Come and join a team at MathWorks that builds great physical modelling and control software solutions. Engineers use products like ours to optimize product performance by simulating both detailed device and system level behaviour early in the development cycle.
At MathWorks, modelling tools engineers are members of multidisciplinary product teams. These teams include documentation writers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and usability professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality engineering design tools that meet the needs of our customers ranging from students to experienced product design engineers.
We are looking for a self-starter with the background, skills, and enthusiasm to extend MathWorks physics-based modelling products in the semiconductor modelling area.
- Build mathematical models of semicondcutors and import models from SPICE tools.
- Create workflows, tools and simulation examples to help customers become productive quickly.
- Work with our user community and customer-facing groups to understand what tool end users need to achieve so they can harness our technologies for solving their real-world product design challenges.
- Participate within a multidisciplinary team in product planning, design review, development, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art semiconductor switching devices and associated defining physical equations.
- Ability to express semiconductor devices in simulation software such as SPICE, Verilog-A, or VHDL-AMS.
- Strong mathematical background, coupled with simulation experience.
- Enthusiastic about working in a cross-functional, multi-national team.
- Strong experience with electronic circuit design in one or more application areas (e.g. AMS, motor drives, electrical power, RF).
- Industrial experience within a semiconductor manufacturer, or as a customer of semiconductor manufacturers.
- Experience using MATLAB.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.