Application Engineer - Automotive Software
Hybrid Work Model
As an Application Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in embedded software, simulation, and control to help Automotive customers achieve state of the art Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink, and accelerate the pace of their engineering and innovation. Working with UK and European customers, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales, and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application, and evolution of MathWorks technology.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools for code generation and verification, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Working with customers to support complex Model-Based Design and code generation projects
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, estimation and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong first degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience using Simulink and Stateflow for controls, signal processing or software development.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, coupled with the ability to clearly understand how Simulink and Stateflow models should be implemented as C code in embedded applications
- Experience modelling and analysing software architectures
- Experience with simulation, verification and testing techniques for Automotive applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects concurrently
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Scoping and leading technical projects
- Designing, implementing, and/or working with control systems
- Programming in MATLAB, Python or equivalent
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.