User Experience (UX) Designer
Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in a highly technical area? Join our cross-functional team and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
You are enthusiastic about resolving user problems through phenomenal design
You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members work closely with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products. Learn more about the UX department:
- Collaborate with development, and marketing teams to design appropriate and consistent solutions for apps in Simulink.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision.
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies and technical input.
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company.
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, AdobeXD, Sketch, Figma and other relevant design tools
Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
Desktop and Web application design experience
Responsive, and accessible design experience is a plus
- STEM Degree beneficial (e.g. HCI, Psychology, Engineering, Computer Science)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.